The Lord is always speaking to us. Often times we don’t hear Him because of all the chaos and distractions around us. If we are talking or if our mind is racing, we will have a tough time being able to hear Him. For us to hear His voice clearly, we must quiet our soul. It took me along time to learn how to quiet my soul. I want to share with you what I did and still do now. There’s 5 steps I take...
1. I go to the Lord in the middle of the night. There’s something very special about the quietness of the night. I lay on the floor and imagine I’m laying at the feet of Jesus.
2. I begin to thank Him for everything that He’s done for me.
3. I share my desires, pains and burdens with Him. I ask Him To forgive me for anything I’ve done to hurt Him or anyone else. Then I lay all of it down at His feet.
4. I worship and exalt Him. I tell him what he means to me.
5. I tell my soul to get ready to hear His voice. Then I say, “Lord draw me.” Then I get silent.
After the first 3 steps, I have an inner peace and that quiets my soul. My heart and conscience feel clean. His peace then silences my mind. Now, all I have to do is listen.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.